A new season is upon us. TV season that is. So I thought about making a list of the shows I watched last season.
- Heroes: glad that is over, because they were stretching it.
- Scrubs: one of my favorites, all-time top 5 for sure. And feeling sad it’s finished.
- House: the usual suspect. I guess it has to do with the fact he is bold and to the point, something we don’t always dare….
- Grey’s Anatomy: yes, I like hospital series. My weakness.
- The Mentalist: second season was deja-vu. Not sure I will stick with this one for the next season.
- Lost: a bit disappointed with this season, expected more from it.
- The Pacific: Spielberg and his WWII obsession. Similar to “Band of Brothers”, just a different location and a bit more blood.
And some shows that have been going already but I never followed, so I decided to catch up:
- The Wire: heard a lot about it and decided to give it a go. Loved it because of it approach to a police series. Back to basics, no CSI sci-fi nonsense.
- Dexter: wrote about this one before. Scary but good.
- Lie to me: Similar to “The Mentalist”, but Tim Roth’s character is more fun to watch. Season 2 was getting a bit boring towards the end.
- Parenthood: My life in a few years when the kids are a bit older ?
And the one and only new one for this season will be:
- The Event: has to be seen what it will turn out to be.
But I did it anyway. I know I shouldn’t because I will get sucked into it.
What is he talking about ? Well….. another TV show. It’s my weak point I think. I like movies and TV shows too much. I know, because I watched loads of them in the last couple of years. And now, I fell into Dexter’s trap. Not my fault I would like to tell you, but that is not true. I got the recommendation a month or 2 ago from somebody. We started talking about movies and tv shows and I realised he liked the same movies as I did. Not always the same shows, but he said Dexter was the best he had seen so far in his live.
So I went and started with season 1. And before I knew I watched it all. Season 2 followed. And then season 3 and 4 of course. Scary how quick I went through it all. To my defence I can say that a Dexter season is only 12 episodes and not 22 or 24 like other US shows that roam our TV screens. And after watching all this, I have to say it certainly comes in my top 5 of best TV shows. It is sickening how one can feel for a serial killer and think he is doing a good deed. Somehow they managed to make you feel sorry for the main character. And you hope it will get better for him. It doesn’t feel like he is a murderer.
And that is maybe something to worry about. Is that where our future is heading to ? Take justice in your own hands and make it look OK to do it ? Now I am getting scared…
Season 1, done….
Good night that finally means.